30.6.09

The First Night

Our first night home with Duchess was NOT easy. All day I was told that she was going to cry all night for a few nights until she got comfortable with everything. I thought that I would be able to make her comfortable enough that she would not feel the "need" or "desire" to cry. Boy was I wrong! Our tiny six week old puppy cried ALL NIGHT LONG! I am not exaggerating! We had fans on everywhere with our bedroom door closed and we still could hear her! It was very difficult for me to just lay there and not go help my baby! Cody had to talk me through it...and yes...I cried. I felt like I was failing her and that she felt unloved. :( Needless to say, Cody and I didn't get much sleep...IF ANY her first night with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment