30.6.09
1st Shot
I took Duchess to the Vet yesterday afternoon for her first shot! I don't like doctor offices, hospitals, needles and everything else that has to do with medical issues. So that was an extremely difficult task for me!!! She did well on the ride over and while we were waiting in the lobby. Once we were brought back to the room she started to get kind of anxious :( I had to just stand and watch my baby be "restrained" while they examined her before issuing the shots. I then had to leave and go sit in the lobby...very hard...after a few seconds I heard her yelp and whine :( Lasted a couple seconds (I almost had to walk out of the office) and then it was finally done. They brought her out to me and she instantly snuggled up into me. They told me that if she was going to have any sort of reaction that it would happen within the first couple of hours. Both Cody and I had to work that night so I dropped her off with my parents. The next two hours were VERY hard. I was checking my phone every few minutes...hoping to NOT have a text or a call from my Mom or Dad. I ended up receiving one text but it was a GREAT text! The shot didn't affect her at all! She was still fiesty and playful! ALSO she ate a good dinner and was drinking plenty of water! SUCH a relief for me! Once the two hours were up I was in a wonderful mood! Duchess is one tough cookie! :D I was very proud of her! All that she has experienced is a little soreness at the injection site. Other than that, she is back to normal! :D hehe I have to take her back in, in about 4 weeks for her next set though...hopefully it will be a better experience for the both of us! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment